Thursday, May 26, 2011

Do you think boasting about your alcohol capacity is cool?



Give me a break!!






I don’t understand why people want to show like they are drinking from the time when they were in their mother’s womb.
I was invited in a party. After finishing 4,5 pegs, each started talking about their capacity. I started feeling bored. This part of conversation is always the one I hate most and want to avoid. It is not certainly the reason that I have a bad capacity. Once, when I was an amateur, I was also one of the those persons who always wanted to prove that their capacity is maximum. But that was years before. This kind of stuff is acceptable from the recent starters or those who have just joined engineering college but when the employees and mature persons started talking like that, it really irritates. Let me reproduce some of the excerpts of today’s party.

Bikram : Tell me, from how many years you are drinking?
Bishnu: I am drinking from class 9th.
Bikram : I have started when I was in 6th .
Priyesh : My father used to give me alcohol as a medicine to drink when I was 2,3 years old

Mehul : Once, one of my friend bet me, who will drink more? We bring 2 bottles of signature of 1ltr. each and started drinking. After 6 pegs, he was vomiting and I was quite normal.

Courtesy: Google Images/Ron Innes Blog

Rajdeep : I have drunk desi one also, one having 70% alcohol. It’s really very hard and not for everybody.  Does anyone out here has the guts to try it?

I thought it must not be the excess of alcohol content but shortage of money which made you drink that cheap drink.I never understood the significance of this conversation. Only2 person were silent including one that from IIT KGP. Actually, IITs are close to my heart, that’s why I mention it specifically. We started discussion among ourselves and all of us came to conclusion that we have started drinking in engineering college, pretty acceptable. Once again, I thought IITs guys are really sensible and felt longing for the IIT which I wasn’t able to clear during my times.

Later on, everybody found to be lying like dead on their bed  and whole place is smelling like that of dirty pigs living on the filth on the side of dirty pond.

Finally, we shifted on the terrace with the bottle and this part was the one that I enjoyed the most in my life. The company of non boasting persons  and somehow I  got that they are a real tanker and thinker. We talked a lot after that and made certain promises which are a custom after drinking.

People who drink too much and boast. Courtesy: Google Images

 Thanks to the one who thought me to invite for the party. I really enjoyed that party. It was strong enough to give me a feel of my past days in my engineering college.  




Note: I have used the names bhisnu and bikram as the alphabet ‘V’ is considers as redundant in west Bengal. This, I came to know, few days back when everyone was dancing on the occasion of Bhictory of Mamta Banerjee.

If you like this post, please like my Facebook page.

8 comments:

Dhanya said...

i love the title ya .. not many write about this
:)

Unknown said...

Thanks Dhanya a lot.

Sayed Shakir M said...

nicely put brother!

Unknown said...

Thanks Sayyed for your precious time..

Sumit Guha said...

i love the way you write...nice one again

Unknown said...

The feeling that people are liking it is really giving me high.

Thanks Sumit.

yash said...

Well said....keep it up :)

Unknown said...

Thanks Yash for your precious time.

You might also like: