Saturday, December 14, 2013

Naini Lake captured from Naina/China Peak - Nainital




“Those who contemplate the beauty of the earth find reserves of strength that will endure as long as life lasts. There is something infinitely healing in the repeated refrains of nature -- the assurance that dawn comes after night, and spring after winter.”
Rachel Carson, Silent Spring


Cheena/China/Naini peak


China Peak is the highest peak of the Nainital and offers marvellous Bird’s eye view of the town, Nainital Lake and majestic snow clad Himalayas. This place is not visited by most of the tourists owing to its strenuous climb. But this back breaking track is nothing compared to the Landscapes it offers at the top. The track is quite steep at some places. Nature can’t be felt more anywhere else. This journey to top in solitude is actually the journey within. I will strongly recommend this place. As far as I remember, there are no horses and ponies on this route or may be due to the fact that we have visited it in off-season. 

Beautiful View of Nanital Lake


Our Group
This trip is really memorable for me. I climbed this beautiful track with injury in my left heel which happened last night in Nainital only because of some adventure activities.  It was tough for me but due to support of my friends, i somehow managed. Next day, when we reached Lucknow, I went to Doctor and came to know that it was fracture. 

Even to this day, it remains mystery for me and everyone that how I managed the climb with fracture in left heel. May be the nature and views helped me to forgot about my pain. 

Resting at the top
 

No comments:

You might also like: